Friday, June 20, 2014

June 16 - Father's Day Email

Dear Family!!

Well this past week has been pretty good. There has been a lot that has gone on. Our investigator Winter is progressing quite well. We brought her to one of our dinner appointments this past week, had a lesson with her with one of the members from our congregation, and then she came to church on Sunday for the first little bit! It's really great to see how Winter is progressing. She definitely has come a long way. One thing that we are working on in general is trying to get her understand that the decision to be baptized is a life decision. As of right now, I am not entirely sure that she understand that. 

We had a little bit of a miracle this past week. On Thursday during the day we went to contact a potential investigator named Donna. We met her at a garage sale a few weeks back-her husband had just barely died and she was going to be packing up and moving in a few weeks. Sister Hamilton and I had offered to help her pack and clean, but hadn't heard anything back from her so we decided to go and see her. When we first got there, we had woken her up, so she was a bit groggy. In the middle of talking to her she yelled "Holy Jack!!" We weren't quite sure what was going on, but right after she explained that it was her birthday that day and her husband, Jack, knew how much she loved rainbows and how she just knew that that rainbow was meant for her. She mentioned how when her husband Jack was alive, he would always leave a gift for her when she woke up. I pointed out how Jack had left the rainbow for her to see for when she woke up. It was cool though because you could just see the happiness radiating off of her face because she knew that that was her rainbow. It was truly a miracle and just showed me that there really are no such things as coincidences. 

We've started to teach this lady named Loretta a little bit. She is currently going through a divorce. She is technically in the Elder's area, but they haven't had much success with her so the Relief Society has asked us to see if she would respond better to Sister Missionaries. Loretta has already had all of the lessons so we felt that we should teach her about hopen. She responded super well to us. She was able to open up about some of her concerns and we were able to address them. It was a super cool lesson and it was awesome to see the Spirit guiding the lesson. 

President and Sister Irion go home on June 30th so this past week for Zone Training Meeting I was able to have my "goodbye" interview with them.  It was a good final interview that I was able to have with them and I really appreciated it. President Irion is still really pushing for me to stay in TN, but I'm still going to wait it out and see what happens. I mentioned how I might want to come home a few weeks early for school and that made him want me to stay here even more. It's nice to feel loved, but at the same time, I'm still definitely wanting to wait it out. I've been given until July 17th to get my VISA.... talk about a little bit stressful! 

Yesterday day it was super nice at church. It was Father's Day and everyone was mentioning things that they had learned from their dad. It made me contemplate and just how grateful I am for my Dad. He has taught my how to work hard, be patient, cope with stress, serve others, and the importance of actively strengthening my testimony! He is such a great example to me and I love him so much! Love you Dad!!! http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormon-channel-daily/192?v=2119328537001

Well I love you VERY much! Thank you to everyone who fasted with me yesterday for my VISA, that really meant a lot to me! Hope you all have a good week! 

Love, 
Sister Beth Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment