Tuesday, January 13, 2015

35 More DAYS!!!

Dear Family!!!
Wow, the days sure are dwindling down... but don´t worry. I am staying focused and working hard!! Just for a bit of an update of what has happened this past week. My companion Sister Galarza was transferred and so my new companion is now Sister Peña. She is from Ecuador and we get along really great! She helps me out with Portuguse when I need help and I am teaching her english a little bit. It´s pretty fun! I don´t have a ton of time in this area, only 2 weeks so it has sort of been like Sister Peña and I are opening an area. Things are good though. We´ve seen a lot of tiny miracles this week.
This week I thought I would write about some of the miracles that I have seen.

-Sister Peña and I were walking to an appointment. We were about 15 minutes early so we were talking to people on the street that were walking. There was this car driving past that pulled over to the side of the road and the driver started to yell "Sister Sister. I need talk with you" I went over there and started talking to him. Turns out this guy doesn´t speak Portuguese, but speaks English. He is super interested in the church and wants us to vist him! For us, that was a miracle that we really were in the right place at the right time!
- Another experience we had. We were walking to the bus stop. We past this one lady. She was smoking and looked a little sad. We said good afternoon to her and about 10 seconds later she responded. Once we got to the bus stop, about 10 feet from her, I kept getting these thoughts in my head saying "Sister Spencer, you are a representative of Jesus Christ in this area. If Christ were here, he would have talked to that lady. What are you doing?" So, I looked at my watch, looked to see if the bus was coming. It wasn´t and we had time so I went back and talked to her. This girl, Jessica, was having a REALLY hard day. She had gotten kicked out of her house and was feeling all alone. We invited her to go to church and got her address to visit her. For me this was something very simple, but I really did feel like I needed to talk to her... and I am glad that I did!
We´ve had a lot of success in this area working with some less-active members.We are working with a few of them with goals to go to the temple. It is really rewarding to see people progressing and accepting the principles of the gospel in their lives. 

Well I love being a missionary and I love sharing the gospel with other people! I know that this gospel is true and that through following the principles in the gospel and applying them to our lives we can have true happiness and joy. I am so grateful for the chance that I had to serve in Tennessee and especially for this chance to serve in Brasil!! I love Brasil!
Hope you are all doing well! I love you tons!!
Much love, 

Sister Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment