Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Blessed Week

Dear Familia!! 

Well this week hasn't been too eventful, but it has been pretty good! Remember how last week I mentioned that Samantha did not come to church and how we were pretty worried about her? I guess you could say that this week we found out that people's lives don't revolve around us. My companions and I were all pretty scared that she had been anti-ed and just didn't want anything to do with us. On Tuesday, after much prayer, we were finally able to get a text back from her. She had been in the Emergency room. Everything is fine though with her. We pushed her baptismal date back one week to January 25th. We all felt like it was coming up too soon. Samantha is really doing great though! She came to church this past Sunday and stayed for the full 3 hours and said she wanted to come next week. She's been praying and reading her scriptures daily with a question, and we taught her the Word of Wisdom and she accepted it no problem at all!! She really is one of the elect! I feel so honored to be able to teach her!! :) 

One of our other investigators that I mentioned a few weeks ago are James and Shirley Moore. They went out of town for 5 weeks to go play Santa Claus and they just barely got back this week. There was a bit of a mix-up with the Pleasant Ridge Elders and so they thought that  they were the ones who should be teaching her. So they went over, taught her a lesson, committed her for baptism, and then we found out that she was actually in our area! Now, we have another baptismal date that is also really solid! The Lord is really blessing us here. I am super excited to go and teach Shirley Moore. She is one of the sweetest ladies I know! She is wonderful!!! 

It's been awesome to see the Lord's hand in our lives as we work on a daily basis. The other day we went over to go and visit a less-active woman. We pulled up at PERFECT timing. She had just gone outside and needed some help raking her leaves in her front lawn. So we were able to go out and help her with that--something she really needed help with. If we would have shown up any earlier or later, she probably would not have let us help. I love to see how much the Lord is able to use us as missionaries to help and uplift others. 

In this ward I feel like we have had a lot of success helping to strengthen the members here. This past Sunday we were able to have 7 less-actives come to church (That's a lot for here!). When I first got to this area, it was struggling quite a bit. Through the help of the Lord and a lot of hard work I really do feel like we have been able to strengthen this area and to help the ward members! I am excited for the rest of my time here and to see what others ways that I can strengthen this area! 

I love you all so much and am so grateful for all of your love and support! Thanks for everything you do for me!!

Sister Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment