Monday, May 12, 2014

Day after Mother's Day

Dear Family!

Well first off just let me say that it was SO GREAT to talk to y'all yesterday! I love you so much and it was SO wonderful to see your beautiful, smiling faces. I'm not really feeling homesick at all now believe it or not, just more motivated to keep working hard! 

This past week we got a referral for a person named Hunter. He is 15 years old and is SUPER dedicated to God. The very first time we went to go and see him, he said to us "I can see Christ in you. I can tell that you are anointed and are meant to be out here at this time doing this." That was pretty legit to hear, especially from someone who was not a member! The next time we saw him, we were able to teach him the Message of the Restoration. As we were teaching the lesson, he said "I want to be part of the church that God wants me to join." Then, he also said, "Ever since I've ,et you guys I've felt something stirring within my heart." Wow! Hunter still has a few weird quirks that we are working through, but he is great! 

Like I mentioned when I called home, Sister Neil and I have been working on this Habitat for Humanity...basically, we get to build a house! It is kicking my butt, but I absolutely LOVE it! We've been able to talk to so many people there and form so many good connections! It is awesome! Most of the people there a older so sometimes I am a bit worried for them when they get up on ladders and all that fun jazz, but they've proved to be invincible! #Gooldergeneration!!
"Day of Service" - This is not the Habitat of Humanity house she is building
I've been experiencing a TON of tender mercies this past week. The Lord has really been confirming a lot of things to me. Each night, before we go to bed, my companion and I list one tender mercy that we have seen during the day. It has really helped me realize, that even on bad days, this truly is the Lord's work and his hand is involved in it every single day. I feel so blessed to be a missionary and to be seeing all of these different miracles!! 

Hmm, don't really know what else to say. I told most all of it to you yesterday. My new District is ALL sisters except for the District Leader and his companion.... I'm kind of worried that it is now going to become drama central. At least I only get to see them once a week though! 

Almost every morning, my companion and I recite a few different things. Here's one that I really like. I thought I would share it. "My Missionary Commission. I am called of God; my authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been called as a personal representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ. He is my Master, and He has chosen me to represent Him, to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. MY voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my words are His words, and my doctrine is His doctrine. My Commission is to do what he wants done, to say what he wants said, to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"

Well, I love you all SO much! Hope you have a great week! You are the best! 

Love, 

Sister Beth Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment