Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas is Coming!

Dear Familia!!

Well, It's been SUCH a great week here! I love being in Tennessee and I love the people here!

Zone Conference this past week was pretty great. I got to see Sister Pennington there and really enjoyed that! One of the things that stuck out to be was having the "faith to find." I think it was a nice reminder for me to always be super diligent and effective with my time. I know that when I do that, I will be able to see the Lord's hand in this work even more! This upcoming week I want to work even more on Diligence. From looking back when I first got to this area, the work here has come a long ways thanks to the Lord, but I know that there is still a long ways that it can go forward. I'm excited to see the work progress even more so!

As of right now, we have two investigators with baptismal dates- Samantha and Janet. Samantha is doing just amazing! She is out of town this week so she won't be at church, but she is reading the things that we give her and is a real seeker for truth. Sister Wynn went on splits with a member from the ward and taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It sounds like it went really well. Sister Wynn is a wonderful teacher so I am so glad that she was able to go. Samantha has been awesome about reading every day and I am SOOOO grateful for that. She has a few concerns, but I am sure that those will be resolved as she continues to read the Book of Mormon and pray about the things we teach her.

 Our other investigator with a date is Janet. We found Janet OYMing (Opening Your Mouth). The first time we visited with her we invited her to be baptized onJanuary 11th. The spirit was super strong and she accepted!! She seems a little bit hesitant for that date. She is a bit larger and can't walk so she is planning on having a surgery to suck all of the fat out of her. I think she wants to wait till after her surgery to be baptized. Honestly that might be a long while so I hope not. She hasn't come out and said straight to us that she wants to wait though, so hopefully she doesn't! I am excited to see where things go with her. She is also reading out of the Book of Mormon. Man, I just love our investigators! They are the best!!

Well we had splits this week. Sister Liebing left and went over to the Chilohowee area and Sister Whitehead came over to be with Sister Wynn and I. It was so fun to go on splits! We helped this one lady move for like 3 hours. (Some people have a talent of packing a TON of things into a SUPER small amount of space.... this lady had a TON of stuff.) It was pretty exciting and eventful though. We went over to a part of town that we don't normally go down (Magnolia Street) and had some fun adventures down there.

We had a super cool experience this week. We were going tracting and we knocked on this one lady's door. She answered and actually let us in to say a prayer with her. When we said a prayer with her, this other lady that was in the other room came in and joined in. She was crying so my guess is, is that something tramatic happened. We said a prayer with her, and gave her a quick lesson on the restored gospel and asked if she would like to learn more. She said no, but right before we left, she mentioned how we truly were heaven sent. It was super cool to know that the Lord really is sending us where he wants us, even if we don't always realize it!

The Woottens (Paul and Amy) are doing really well. They gave each one of us a $20 gift card to walmart! It was super nice!

The work is going well here and I love it! I LOVE being a missionary. The work is great. There are some hard days, but this is the Lord's work and it is so amazing to see everything happen. I am SO grateful to be a part of it!! I know Jesus Christ lives and I am so grateful that I have this time to focus on him. I am excited to talk to ya'll this Wednesday!! Love you tons!!

Sister Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment